I would like to briefly complain about the ship entries as a category. They tend to be far too informal, with little *personal* notes about assessments of a ship's effectiveness and proper strategy with each ship added in. For a general database this is inappropriate.
- I like strategy notes the most. 126.96.36.199 23:42, 19 March 2009 (CET)
- I'm glad you do, though this anonymous person's complaint was leveled at a previous Broodhome page. The complaint seemed to be valid when I first saw it. --Shiver 00:07, 20 March 2009 (CET)
Hi gang. I'm gearing up to give the Broodhome page a much-needed makeover soon and I have a question. This bit about the Photon Shard's maximum range being as long as a tenth of a star system's diameter is highly suspect to me. What is a star system's diameter? Wouldn't larger stars have more planets, asteroids and such orbiting around them, therefore having a much greater diameter? My inclination is to remove this. --Shiver 04:24, 23 February 2009 (CET)
- As the ref indicates, I believe it's someone's extrapolation based on two comments from the Chmmr's description of the Sa-Matra-
- "but the most dangerous feature of the sa-matra was its annihilation toroids...with this weapon they could vaporize ships from the far side of a solar system"
- "the sa-matra incinerated our finest broodhome vessels from ten times our own ships' weapon range."
- Personally I agree with you that the current phrase is very awkward. My recommendation would be to change it back to something similar to the original wording (or however you want to describe/comment on the primary weapon range) and move the extrapolation commentary into the note as a reasonable compromise with those who find it interesting and avoiding the whole nebulous "solar system" metric. And thanks again for cleaning up the ship pages. --Fyzixfighter 06:24, 23 February 2009 (CET)
Page 25 of Star Control 2's manual pertains to installation. There is no mention of the Chenjesu anywhere. --Shiver 00:39, 25 February 2009 (CET)
- See page 25 in the Star Control 1 manual. --Fyzixfighter 01:21, 25 February 2009 (CET)