Taalo were not entirely pacifist. They were just completely outclassed in the Dnyarri invasion and, seeing the battle was hopeless, unwilling to use violence against the Dnyarri slaves who'd been their friends and cause their friends more pain and suffering. Please note that had they been successful in making the Taalo Shield, it certainly would have been used to foster a (justified) program of mass genocide against the Dnyarri.
The starbase commander Hayes mentions a race "directly coreward from procyon" the chenjesu had contact with. I always wondered who this could be? The Spathi? The Umgah? The zoqfotpik? Or is it simply a mistake? --220.127.116.11 01:43, 1 May 2006 (CEST)
- The galactic core is to the northeast of the map. So Spathi would be the closest one by that matches the description. — SvdB 12:38, 3 May 2006 (CEST)
- I had always assumed this was a reference to the ZFP since this is part of Hayes' response to the question about other, unknown races neither of the Hierarchy nor the Alliance. Also, when you first meet the ZFP they say: "At last, our search is over! It is just as the great Crystal ones promised!" and "This ship is from the Great Crystal One's fabled Alliance the Alliance of Free Stars!". So they had contact with the Chenjesu prior to us running into them. But the Tucanae stars aren't "directly" coreward so maybe it's not them after all. Strange though that the Pkunk, the other race which the Chenjesu had alluded to, don't mention any contact w/ the chenjesu. --Fyzixfighter 16:59, 3 May 2006 (CEST)
- I too was always under the impression that Hayes was talking about the ZFP here as well. If you draw a line from Procyon to Alpha Tucanae and keep on going, you hit the edge of the map pretty darn close to the northeast corner. How small a slice of the galaxy this is and how large the galactic core should be, I don't think it's unreasonable that this is the race Hayes was referring to. --18.104.22.168 23:58, 3 May 2006 (CEST)
Could someone please clarify this term?
- I believe the term "chemovores" is taken from the SC2 manual-
- Since this species evolved as a photo/chemo-vore (it derives its nourishment from light and ambient minerals)...
- The term is probably synonymous w/ "chemotroph". --Fyzixfighter 21:32, 9 January 2007 (CET)
I always feel like it should be mentioned that while the Mmrnmhrm are the race with no vowels in their language, all Chenjesu captain names are also vowel-less. Anyone agree, or am I just being silly? --Gaeamil 13:42, 9 April 2007 (CEST)
- Not all Chenjesu captain names are vowel-less. — SvdB 17:19, 19 April 2007 (CEST)
- I haven't seen one, and I'm quite fond of the Broodhome. I'm going to go see if I can find one now.--Gaeamil 03:33, 20 April 2007 (CEST)
- wow, that was quick. First test, found Tzparak. Ignore me.--Gaeamil 03:38, 20 April 2007 (CEST)
- oh, thanks. --Gaeamil 06:58, 21 April 2007 (CEST)
Spelling in chatlog
Thanks Fyzix. I was contemplating putting either [sic] or "mani[p]ulation" instead, but I wasn't sure. I did sit on that one for a bit thinking "well, this is how he mistyped it in IRC ... should I really change a direct quote, even though it is obviously confusing?" --PsiPhi 13:49, 31 October 2007 (CET)