Talk:List of characters
Is there a reason why this being used instead of the Category:Characters page?
I went searching through the dialogs for new characters/people and came up with these additions. These don't include the (Utwig) Great Proctor or the Mycon personalities since I didn't know how to categorize them. I've also left them unlinked to start out with in case any of these are so incidental that all they warrant is mention in this list (and also because I can't think too clearly now - I should really go to sleep). --Fyzixfighter 10:40, 11 Nov 2005 (CET)
including race names?
Adding the races of these individuals in between parentheses: good idea or bad idea? — SvdB 03:08, 2 June 2007 (CEST)
- A good idea. Valaggar 19:25, 3 June 2007 (CEST)
- Yes, good idea...except, do we assume that some of those characters like Starbase personnel and Lander crew are human? IMHO, I think a good case could be made that most of them are human. But are there are others where the racial identity is unknown? --Fyzixfighter 21:25, 3 June 2007 (CEST)
- Hmm... good point. We could just mark the ones we do know for sure. — SvdB 22:47, 3 June 2007 (CEST)
Lander report writers
In some of the lander reports, the crew member that has written them reveals himself (this happens for Kilgore, Bukowski, Hawthorne and Robinson). Shouldn't we, then, categorize these four as major characters? Valaggar 14:13, 9 November 2007 (CET)
- There was a similar concern brought up with Hawkins. I think that we decided since these reports really aren't dialogs/conversations, then they fit better in the minor category. That is, you never speak to these people directly nor participate in a personal conversation tree with them - just receive info from them. IIRC, we tried to tailor the descriptions on this list to reflect this level of distinction - if they're not clear, do we need to clarify these descriptions more? --Fyzixfighter 06:38, 10 November 2007 (CET)
- Fair enough. Though I indeed sense, through the influence of the Ultron, that we need to change the descriptions a bit — "taking part in dialogs" can be interpreting as including Hawkins (as he has a small part in the dialog between The Captain and Hayes), and "you never get to talk to them personally" is somewhat ambiguous in respect to what constitutes talking. I guess that the Game Character description could be changed to "These characters actually converse with you [or: engage in a two-way conversation with you] in The Ur-Quan Masters." and the Minor Character description could be changed to "These characters have a small part in the game, but you never get to have a conversation with them personally." Valaggar 07:52, 10 November 2007 (CET)