Toys For Bob
Toys For Bob are the creators of — among other games — Star Control and Star Control II. They were not responsible for Star Control 3. Prominent members of the company include Paul Reiche III, Fred Ford, Robert Leyland, Dan Nicholson, and Erol Otus. On May 3, 2005 Toys For Bob announced that they were bought by Activision.
|Star Control||July 1990||Accolade||Action/Strategy||PC (DOS), Commodore Amiga, Sega Genesis|| The Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, and ZX Spectrum versions were not done by Toys for Bob.|
More information needed on the release dates and publishers for all the versions.
|Star Control II - The Ur-Quan Masters (PC version)||November 1992||Accolade||Action/RPG||PC (DOS)|
|Star Control II - The Ur-Quan Masters (3DO version)||1994||Crystal Dynamics||Action/RPG||3DO|
|The Horde||April 1994||Crystal Dynamics||Action/Strategy||3DO, PC (DOS)||[XXX: Was the Saturn version also done by TFB?]|
|Pandemonium!||November 1996||Crystal Dynamics||Action/Platform||PlayStation||The N-Gage version was not done by Toys for Bob|
|The Unholy War||September 1998||Eidos||Fighting/Strategy||PlayStation|
|Majokko Dai Sakusen (Little Witching Mischiefs)||February 1999||Bandai||Action/Strategy||PlayStation||Released in Japan only.|
|102 Dalmatians - Puppies to the Rescue||November 1999||Eidos||Kid's Action/Platform||PlayStation||The Game Boy Color version was not done by TFB. [XXX: Was the Dreamcast version also done by TFB?]|
|Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure||September 2003||Activision||Extreme Sports||Game Cube, PlayStation 2, Xbox|
|Madagascar||May 2005||Activision||Platform/Action||Game Cube, PlayStation 2, Xbox||The Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance versions were not done by TFB.|
|Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam||November 19, 2006||Activision||Skate-boarding||Nintendo Wii||The Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance versions are not done by TFB.|
|Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa||April 11, 2008||Activision||Platform/Action||PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, XBox 360, Wii, PC (Windows)||The Nintendo DS version is not done by TFB.|
|Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure||October 11, 2011||Activision||Platform/Action||3DS, PlayStation 3, XBox 360, Wii, PC (Windows) [XXX: all need to be verified]|
Notes and references
- 1From a mail by Fred Ford to a Star Control II player:
- : Also, what is the significance of "Toys for Bob". Is it just a name
- : for fun, or does it have special meaning that you would want to share?
- There is no particular meaning. We just liked the name and it sure
- generates curiosity.
- 2From an interview on engadget.com:
- [...] my wife — she's a poet, very interested in psychology — she said create a name that generates interest, that doesn't distance yourself from people, and that you can reinvent. I love toys, I always have, and she knows that and Fred knows that. And so it was just a perfect fit. Bob is also a universal name — everyone knows a Bob [...]