WTF happened? Who the hell is this Nrudds guy and why the hell did he wreck just about every article? I can't understand why anyone would want to smash up this wiki.. Luminar 15:34, 1 March 2006 (CET)
- It was a very aggressive spammer. He spammed each page with a different user created especially for that purpose. It was easier for me to revert this by first assigning all these edits to a single user.
- As for why he would do this? Seems he's just unscrupulous and clueless. All external links are marked with "rel=nofollow", so search engines don't index them, and even if they would, lots of links from a single site aren't going to count more heavilly. And we don't have public access logs, so it's not going to count there either. He'll only make the spam defence more aggressive.
- — SvdB 23:01, 1 March 2006 (CET)
Anyone know how to do reversions?
What I mean is, when it says on the recent changes page (Reverted to last version by ____). I've taken the liberty of cleaning up spam every now and then, but I can't find the easy and clean way to do it. I'm assuming this is a moderator-only command? Luminar 17:03, 5 March 2006 (CET)
- Yup, it's a sysop only command. Just keep making high-quality contributions and stick around long enough, and you'll be one eventually. — SvdB 18:45, 5 March 2006 (CET)
- Actually, you can manually revert pages by going into their edit history and clicking on the date of the revision you want to restore. Then click edit. It will say "WARNING: You are editing an out-of-date revision of this page. If you save it, any changes made since this revision will be lost.". Save the page, and be sure to note that it was a revert in the comments.
- -Fadookie 21:54, 5 March 2006 (CET)
Thanks for the help, everyone. =) - Luminar 16:45, 6 March 2006 (CET)
Nice work on your contributions. I do however have one comment. You've been treating optional events as if they actually happened, for instance the Captain attacking one of the Pkunk, in Chrupp. We have previously decided to have it made clear what is essential to the game, and what is not. See Ultronomicon:Manual of Style#Game events and quests. Keep up the good work. — SvdB 08:51, 16 March 2006 (CET)
- Ah, so I should be phrasing them using more "ifs" and such? I must admit, I should have read that document first before going nuts on the wiki. >_>" So it'd be like "if the captain approached the homeworld" rather than "when the captain blah blah"? -Luminar 10:42, 16 March 2006 (CET)
- Yes, though we seem to have been using present tense for these things, so "If the captain approaches the homeworld". But we haven't really talked about that. We probably should.
- — SvdB 13:01, 16 March 2006 (CET)
- Hmm... present tense doesn't seem to be used all that much as I thought. — SvdB 13:35, 16 March 2006 (CET)