The goal of this project is to make every ship in Star Control II's line-up worth using in competitive player-versus-player melee. To this end, the various ships have been strengthened or weakened accordingly. Many minor adjustments have also been made for the sake of aesthetics or continuity. The changes are quite extensive, though I tried not to stray too far from vanilla gameplay.
- [Pkunk] Initial respawn chance increased from 75% to 80%. Respawn chance decrement per death increased from 10% to 15%.
- [Thraddash] Repulsor guns swapped out; knockback effect removed, repulsor graphics reverted, projectile hitpoints increased from 1 to 2. Battery capacity decreased from 16 to 14.
- [Zoq-Fot-Pik] Scattergun relativity increased from 1/2 to 2/3 of the Stinger's current velocity.
I received extensive assistance while making this project. I wish to express my thanks to the following individuals, going by pseudonym to protect anonymity:
- Gekko has been my primary test opponent throughout the years. He also helped port this mod from UQM v0.6.2 to v0.7.0.
- UQM core team members Meep-eep, Fossil and McMartin provided coding and debugging assistance.
- Elvish Pillager wrote a few bits of the most difficult code for this mod and gave significant design input. His Crazy Mod source code was a valuable reference when altering melee.
- Bleeding Star gave some useful design input which led to several necessary adjustments.
- Death 999 cooked up a nifty program which saved me hours of work when making a larger antimatter cone for Umgah.
- Gostu--a stranger to the Star Control fan community as far as I can tell--helped port this mod from UQM v0.6.2 to v0.7.0.