Category talk:Flagship Modules
Source information & edit history
This category is based on the old Category:SIS Modules category, with the original edit history as follows:
- 17:46, 9 Oct 2004 Fadookie
Move from Category:SIS Modules to Category:Flagship Modules
Is there any easy way to change/rename this to a Category:Flagship Modules? --Fyzixfighter 09:46, 10 Nov 2005 (CET)
- No, I don't think so. Even if you move the Category (to preserve the edit history), you still have to visit each page in this Category and change the text manually. I'll do it, I've been thinking about it for a while as well. --Phoenix (t) 14:11, 10 Nov 2005 (CET)
- Ah, just looking at the tabs I see that it isn't possible to move it. I guess it'll have to be a full manual move (copy & paste). I suggest we do a text copy & paste of the edit history into the Talk page of the new category. Thoughts? --Phoenix (t) 14:13, 10 Nov 2005 (CET)
- Darn, I was afraid it was going to be a full manual move, though with a category will only have to copy/paste the category description and the image; the rest will change automatically when we change the category on each page. As for the history, there really is only one entry on the history page so it's very doable, but I don't know if it's really worth it. The only reason I see is to give Fadookie credit for the initial creation. It'd also be nice to somehow transfer/archive this talk page discussion over to the new page. --Fyzixfighter 17:08, 10 Nov 2005 (CET)
This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at wiki.uqm.stack.nl.
May I use part of the information from your blog post right above if I give a link back to this site?
Flagship module template box
I created a template box for flagship modules and edited a few module pages to include it. Right now it only has the name, image and RU cost of modules, but more information can be added, such as Credits cost and maximum effective amount. If somebody likes this idea they can expand on it. --18.104.22.168 19:07, 23 August 2006 (CEST)
- One of my concerns is that the template seems a bit redundant. Almost every one of the images already shows the name (though it is hard to read on some) and RU cost of the module. And a few of the modules don't even have an RU cost, such as the Escape Pod. I don't know what kind of additional information we could put in there. All the blueprints/designs cost the same amount of credits from the Melnorme, and I can't seem to think of any class of information that could apply to the broad variety of modules. One possibility for additional information could be to quote the melnorme description of the module (either the sales pitch, or the after purchase explanation) but that might go better in the article itself. Just my two cents though. --Fyzixfighter 23:12, 23 August 2006 (CEST)
Merging all module pages?
Perhaps we should merge together all module pages; each page is quite small in itself, and people will often want to read them all at once anyhow. — SvdB 15:16, 2 June 2007 (CEST)
- I don't agree entirely on this point. The list of Flagship Modules could be expanded as you suggest, but the page would get very messy with lots of whitespace if all the icons/images are included. That and it's fairly easy to click on a link from either the list or category page. Some of the pages aren't entirely one sentence descriptions either. A compromise would be to expand the list a bit with brief descriptions with the information that readers would want to compare (cost, function, damage/fuel capacity/...) differentiating the list from and making the list more meaningful than the category page. Also, some of the pages could be fleshed a bit so they're not just one sentence descriptions. Just my thoughts though. --Fyzixfighter 17:52, 2 June 2007 (CEST)