Elvish Pillager's Crazy Mod
This page is a stub. We encourage you to edit and improve it.
Eli Dupree, Elvish Pillager on the UQM forums, created an extensive mod of The Ur-Quan Masters that changes all Super Melee ships and even some of its rules. The most recent version of the mod can be found here.
- 14 planets at once instead of just one (half of the arena is covered with them, the other half is empty). They are destructible, having 42 hit points.
- 10 asteroids that sometimes home randomly in one of the players, annoying him (they don't home in the AI player).
- 30 ships per team instead of just 14.
- Destroyed ships keep inertia while exploding.
- Androsynth Guardian
- Primary: Dual white laser, medium range, 1 damage, fast energy consumption
- Secondary: Blazer mode, can be stopped at will
- Super Melee cost: 24
- Arilou Wizard (former Skiff)
- Special notes: Now has inertia
- Primary + Up: Confusion ray (like the Melnorme Trader one)
- Primary + Left: Fireball (explodes at impact or range limit, transforming into an explosion of lines that deal damage at impact)
- Primary + Right: Magic missile (projectile that aims in the general direction of the enemy and deals 2 damage)
- Secondary + Up: Safe teleport (may end up in the path of a projectile, though)
- Secondary + Left: Summon Demon (a wall of fire is launched from the Wizard; it replicates up to a certain point. Contact does not deal damage, but stops ships and destroys homing weapons)
- Secondary + Right: Renders ship invisible to homing weapons (both players may, though, see a marker at the Wizard's location)
- Super Melee cost: 28
- Chenjesu Broodhome
- Primary: Now is homing
- Secondary: Now has point defense
- Super Melee cost: 23
- Chmmr Avatar
- Special notes: 9 ZapSats defending half of the ship
- Primary: Triple focused X-Ray laser
- Secondary: Faster tractor beam
- Super Melee cost: 39
- Druuge Mauler
- Primary: Shoots faster, pushes impacted ship backwards much more violently
- Secondary: Unchanged
- Super Melee cost: 15
- Earthling Cruiser
- Primary: Faster MX missile
- Secondary: Faster point defense, no energy cost
- Super Melee cost: 38
- Ilwrath Avenger
- Special notes: Very fast. Especially adept at gravity whips.
- Primary: The flamethrower now shoots in five different directions
- Secondary: Unchanged
- Super Melee cost: 41
- Kohr-Ah Marauder
- Primary: Now homes in to the enemy when released (high speed)
- Secondary: FRIED blasts last much more and destroy planets on touch
- Super Melee cost: 47
- Melnorme Trader
- Primary: Starspray — a spray of random Melnorme projectiles of various sizes/colours
- Secondary: Now is cheaper
- Super Melee cost: 21
- Mmrnmhrm X-Form
- Primary: Extremely powerful quadruple laser
- Secondary: Change to Y-Form (whose primary is unchanged)
- Super Melee cost: 32
- Mycon Podship
- Special notes: Automatic, faster regeneration (still costs energy, but less)
- Primary: Now can be held a-la-Kohr-Ah Marauder before being released (granting it speed and invincibility at the expense of homing), after which it behaves like a normal Mycon plasmoid.
- Secondary: Consumes energy, but does nothing.
- Super Melee cost: 37