Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 07:49, 26 September 2004 by Fadookie (Added a few bullet points, removed links to alien race pages which contain spoilers)
- Having trouble fighting a certain species? Practice against them in Super Melee using just the ships you have on hand.
- There are no perfect ships and useless ships. Every ship has its advantages and disadvantages, and if you learn them well, you will be a good fighter.
- Raw firepower does not decide everything. The Chmmr Avatar, the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za Dreadnought and the Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah Marauder have the most firepower in the game, but there are lots of ways to defeat them with other ships with less firepower.
- Use the planet well. Slow ships can use it to accelerate beyond their maximum velocity using the Gravity Whip maneuver, luring a fast ship near the planet can make it easier to hit, and the Avatar can force the enemy ship to collide with the planet with its special ability.
- Don't forget about your emergency warp escape (unless you are very low on fuel). Escort vessels can be recalled from battle (and suspended for the remainder of the melee) by pressing the ESC key. Doing so with your flagship will evacuate your entire fleet.
- A ship is a sitting duck for about six seconds when it is preparing to escape combat (on the upside, it is not affected by gravity). Flying very close to the planet before initiating a warp escape will usually keep you out of trouble, as the intense gravity well is hard to navigate for most ships and some projectiles.