Multiplayer Melee Suggestions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 06:44, 1 March 2006 by Svdb (Reverted edit of Nruuds, changed back to last version by Phoenix)
The following are some suggestions for getting the most out of multiplayer Melee.
- Create 100, 200, and 250 point teams for standard play.
- Obviously, specialty teams can be entertaining as well, i.e. all Pkunk, etc.
- Only fight evenly-matched teams (100 vs. 100, 200 vs. 200, etc.) unless both players agree on a handicap.
- Allow only one Ur-Quan, Kohr-Ah, Chenjesu, and Chmmr per team.
- Some suggest adding the Melnorme to this list.
- Allow only two of any other ship per team.
- Some suggest allowing unlimited Shofixti, and a All-Shofixti match can be fun indeed.
- Decide on either all random choice during ship selection, or not, before beginning the match. Ignoring the agreed-upon restriction should be an immediate forfeit.
- Interfering directly with the other player or his keyboard controls should be an immediate forfeit. However, psychological warfare, i.e. trash-talk, should probably be allowed.
- If more than two people want to play, decide on an appropriate hot-seat scheme.
- Some suggest best of three matches.
- Choose key bindings that allow the maximum comfort for two players on one keyboard.
- If playing Star Control 2 DOS Melee, a keyboard buffer utility is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Otherwise, good luck with the Melnorme-vs-Melnorme match.