Multiplayer Melee Suggestions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:25, 2 December 2007 by 22.214.171.124 (("any" -> "some") combinations of key-presses.)
The following are some suggestions for getting the most out of multiplayer Melee.
- Have pre-made teams of various sizes (100, 200, and 250 points fleets are often used)
- When using a keyboard, figure out suitable key bindings in advance. Most keyboards don't allow some combinations of key-presses.
- When playing over a network, find someone geographically close to you, so that you'll have a relatively good network connection.
- Limit the number of ships of one type. This will result in more varied battles. Generally a no-duplicates rule is used, preventing the use of more than one ship of the same type.
- Exclude or limit certain ships:
- Play with random teams. A good random online random team generator can be found here.
- Let each player build the fleet of the opponent. This will result in fleets with ships you don't usually use. You may want to limit the number of ships of one type, to avoid ending up with a fleet of Umgah Drones.