Difference between revisions of "Slylandro Timekeeping"
m (revert junk)
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
Revision as of 06:40, 10 March 2006
The Slylandro Timekeeping system is based entirely on a single natural phenomenon, the rotation period of their homeworld, Source. Since the Slylandro lack any form of physical technology, this method of keeping time has persisted throughout the history of their race.
The principle unit of time in this system is the Drahn, equivalent to four million rotations of their home planet. A Drahn is sub-divided into two thousand Drahnasa. For even smaller periods of time, the Slylandro simply use the rotations of their homeworld as a unit of time. The following is an approximate conversion factors between Slylandro and Human units of time:
- 1 rotation = 14.2 earth hours ≈ 0.592 earth days
- 1 Dranhasa ≈ 1180 earth days ≈ 3.24 earth years
- 1 Drahn ≈ 2370000 earth days ≈ 6480 earth years
In discussions with the Slylandro, they consistently make reference to events using these units of time. When converted to conventional units of time, the timing of these events corresponds fairly well with known historical findings. The following table lists these events with the Slylandro time and corresponding Human time:
|Slylandro Time||Human Time||Event|
|a few 100 rotations||a few 59.2 days||time between visits of the Melnorme and The Captain|
|500 rotations||296 days||mission duration of Slylandro Probes|
|1 Drahnasa||3.24 years||time within which all The Captain's visits occur|
|half a Drahn||3240 years||length of time over which the Slylandro had contact with the Sentient Milieu|
|3 Drahn ago||19400 years||regular visits from the Ur-Quan during the Sentient Milieu era|
|3-4 Drahn||19400-25900 years||estimated lifespan of a Slylandro|
|39 Drahn ago||253000 years||last visit from the 'shaggy giants' (the Precursors)|
|41 Drahn ago||266000 years||first contact from the 'shaggy giants'|
|many 1000's of Drahn||many 6480000 years||historical extent of Slylandro species|
- Information about Source's rotation period and historical events was originally presented by SvdB in this  forum thread.
- Note that the numbers listed in this page come from data which was never intended to be shown in the game. As such, the numbers presented here may not have been intended and may actually be purely coincidental. Regardless, they do not contradict what we know from other sources about the Star Control Timeline.