This warning isn't really the "first", "last", nor "only" spoiler warning. -- SvdB 13:24, 27 Oct 2004 (CEST)
Then call it The Spoiler Warning of Now and Forever. If you really think it's over the top, you can tone it down, but I think it gets the point accross well. Mmrnmhrm 17:30, 27 Oct 2004 (CEST)
What is the status of the data on this page? Can it all be copied over the main wikipedia due to being free license or is it different to normal wikipedia?
- I would think the folks over at Wikipedia would probably truncate or reject some of our more indepth articles, the logic being that we're the indepth SC2 wiki, and they're the not-so-indepth everything wiki. Aside from that, I would ask the author of the article in question, first. -Luminar 00:53, 26 March 2006 (CET)
As long as the spam is looking to delete the bottom-most section, it might as well be a one that's not so important.
- It's not that important actually. There's already a link to the copyright page on the bottom of every page here.
- — SvdB 11:12, 28 January 2006 (CET)
- I daresay the spam has developed to a more malicious and overwhelming level rather than just petty and annoying. How long has this crap been going on for, and is there any way we can actually prevent or protect against spam before it actually happens, because otherwise all of the work on this wiki is going to be counter-vandalism. I feel kind of bad myself for choking up the change log with pseudo-reversions rather than actual article work. -Luminar 16:58, 9 March 2006 (CET)
- Perhaps we can implement a bot-defense system such as a captcha (prompting users to type in a random word that appears in an image) on either a per-registration, per-login, or per-post basis. Per-post would be the most effective, but it might be a hindrance to actual contributors.
- I think the newer versions of mediawiki come with a captcha option... it's certainly worth a try. -Fadookie 07:56, 10 March 2006 (CET)
- I just noticed that on wikiquote, they automatically detect when you are adding external links to a page and generate a captcha. (Captchas are not generated for normal editing.) If there's any way for us to enable this feature, I think we ought to ASAP. It should help tremendously with hindering spammers, while not getting in the way of day-to-day wiki operations for our editors. -Fadookie 17:25, 14 April 2006 (CEST)
- I just realized someone had already enabled this feature when I was adding an external link to the music section. That's good then, hopefully it will deter the link spammers. -Fadookie 19:24, 14 April 2006 (CEST)
- Yeah, on the 11 March. It doesn't so much deter spam as make automated spam impractical. And it's quite noticable. We now only have the occasional manual spammer. — SvdB 12:37, 15 April 2006 (CEST)
Anyone know games with contol as Star Control? Also looking for new idea about game-design new ship...
- Well, there is already a wikilink to the Links page down in the lower left. --Fyzixfighter 01:47, 23 February 2006 (CET)
Perhaps this page should be protected since it sees a lot of vandalism? --Luminar 21:53, 24 February 2006 (CET)
- That wouldn't help. They'd just pick another page. This way at least it's easy to see, and it's better that this page is spammed than some article page.
- — SvdB 05:43, 25 February 2006 (CET)
Assertion 1: Ur-quan masters equivalent of Star Control II. Assertion 2: Star Control I and Star Control III are in existence. Assertion 3: Full knowledge of Star Control requires full knowledge of series. Assertion 4: Database identified as Ultronomicon deals exclusively with Ur-quan Masters. Conclusion A: Star Control databases must include information on Star Control I and Star Control III. Conclusion B: Database identified as Ultronomicon is incomplete. Query: Units identified as Humans from Earth are directed to either affirm or negate this argument. Daktaklakpak 00:35, 10 February 2007 (CET)
The Ultronomicon is not for SC3 stuff. See your talk page. — SvdB 18:05, 10 February 2007 (CET)
Statment: Information reveiwed. Query: Reasons as to ordering. Assertion 1: Wikis allow fanfic articles. Assertion 1 sub a: See Black Spathi Squadron. Assertion 2: SC3 equivalent of fanfic and/or cannon. Conclusion: Exclusion of SC3 equivalent of prejeduce. -An attempt to be logical by Daktaklakpak 22:00, 14 February 2007 (CET)
- The BSS page is not fanfic. The page does briefly include a reference/meta-information to the use of the BSS in fanfic. In reality, we've tried specifically to keep fanfic out. As SvdB has already pointed out to you numerous times, the Ultronomicon is dedicated to the description of the Star Control universe as intended by TFB (see Canon). The BSS is in that universe, hence the page. SC3 was not created by TFB, therefore none of the mythology, history, or other information of the SC universe it presents will be included in the Ultronomicon. period. This is not prejudice, as those of us of this opinion have likely played SC3, measured it and found it lackluster in comparison to TFB's SC1 and SC2. If you want to add information from SC1 or SC2, please do. Otherwise, please refrain from continuing to flog a decaying equine. --Fyzixfighter 22:38, 14 February 2007 (CET)
Daktaklakpak: You'll find that the administrators of the Ultronomicon are on one line regarding this policy. If you want to contribute, there's still plenty to be done. But what you're doing now is just a waste of time. — SvdB 00:04, 15 February 2007 (CET)
Query: Ownership of Trademark equivalent of Accolade. -Another attempt at logic by Daktaklakpak 01:20, 16 February 2007 (CET)
Hi there. Sorry, this is probably not the best place, but I don't know where else to put my comment. I'd like to see more screenshots of the actual game. I've never played or seen The Ur-Quan Masters or Star Control, and so to fully understand and learn about them I need to SEE something....... I came here from the Wikipedia article about Star Control, which lacks some screenshots too.
Yours interestedly, Gregor