Talk:Star Control Music
To those contributing to this page:
- Please try to avoid linking to pages where you need to have an account to download. If you want (and the copyright holder of the track doesn't mind), I can put a remix up on uqm.stack.nl.
- Try to keep this order: PC original, 3DO version, Precursors remix, other remixes
- When both .ogg and .mp3 formats are available, either link to the .ogg version, or to both formats. The .ogg format is the only one that can be used in the game.
- This is a "random-access" page, meaning that people aren't expected to read it from top to bottom. So multiple links to the same page, in different sections is ok.
- Make the subsection names all different, so do "HyperSpace Precursor Remix" instead of "Precursor Remix". While the "HyperSpace" is clear from the context (the section where the subsection is in), it would prevent linking to individual subsections.
-- SvdB 18:51, 23 Nov 2004 (CET)
Should titles or descriptions be used for subheadings? The distinction is between Hyperspace Precursors Remix and Hyperspace - Across the Galaxy.
Also, what about for alternate/fan made-remixes such as the Hyperspace Electro Blast remix? -Fadookie 06:54, 8 Dec 2004 (CET)
- I think descriptions for the subheadings are better. Remixes often don't even have a separate title. In the body of the section it could be mentioned by name then.
- As for other remixes, I'm all for it. I'd just like the original(s) and the Precursors remix to come first (see above).
- -- SvdB 01:37, 9 Dec 2004 (CET)
- Seems reasonable to me, since the Precursors remixes are more or less official. -Fadookie 06:47, 9 Dec 2004 (CET)
Corrected. The following files are available in the same dir:
— SvdB 02:01, 4 Oct 2005 (CEST)
Note that on external links, when you're setting the display name, both a " " and a "|" will work equally well. So don't worry about "repairing" links, either way. --Gaeamil 03:54, 20 April 2007 (CEST)
If it was only bad links, it would be a minute tops to go over all the bad ones - but with the broken formats and unsupported formats in a vanilla fresh windows installation with the latest media player, it takes 10 minutes to go thru them (assuming you know when to give up on broken files and unsupported formats).
Surely we can have it nice and tidy in mp3 format??
- About the missing mp3 links, I guess one of us will edit those in soon. About converting mods to mp3s, maybe it would be better to put links to players which can take mods. For example, I use DeliPlayer 2 (actually, I use it for everything).
- Hmm, the precursors have been awfully quiet, they must have something special planned for the yehat. --Zeracles 17:15, 5 February 2008 (CET)