If we include strategies here, then this should include a notice on using the Y-form to accelerate into a charge, then coasting in on the X-form, leaving enough time to recover battery.
Also, is it worth pointing out that X-form vs Ilwrath, though a slugfest slanted against the X-form, still has a good strategy and a bad strategy?
That is, a good strategy is for the X-form to ram the Ilwrath with lasers blazing, then use a touch of thrust coming off the bounce to get a good, medium range while moving away from the Ilwrath, yet tempting the Ilwrath to continue its charge. Ideally, the Ilwrath will have to traverse the 'hot spot' at a low relative velocity.
Yes, severe damage will be taken, but it comes out better than the naive 'charge' strategy. - Death 999 13:48, 22 Dec 2005 (EST)
The names X-Wing and Y-Wing can't possibly be canon. Are they? --Shiver 14:46, 3 September 2008 (CEST)
- See page 85 in the SC2 PC manual (or page 36 in the 3DO manual). I don't know if it appears anywhere else in the canon, such as the code or dialogue (though I'm pretty sure it's not in the dialogue). --Fyzixfighter 21:00, 3 September 2008 (CEST)
- I see it. Guess we'd better leave it alone. --Shiver 08:57, 4 September 2008 (CEST)
- It might need a reference in the Notes and references section if it's from a manual. Valaggar 09:20, 4 September 2008 (CEST)
- Got it. Someone bringing up the question of whether information is canon or not is probably the best indicator of when to use notes/refs. --Fyzixfighter 18:30, 4 September 2008 (CEST)
I propose that the name of this entry be changed to Transformer. It is both an X and Y Wing, but the title favours only one of those.
- @Donutcity: Welcome, and thanks for cleaning up a lot of the pages. To your proposal, I think it depends on which piece of the official canon we want to base the page name. If I haven't missed any occurrences, the manuals (SC1 PC, SC2 PC, SC2 3DO) and in-game Chmmr dialogue (text at least, still need to check the audio) use "X-Form" or some variation on it. The 3DO SC2 video and the ComSim image (SC1) use "Transformer". I'm a bit partial to the X-Form name because it's more common and in the Chmmr conversation. I don't think the X in X-Form necessarily has the same meaning as the X in X-Wing, so I don't see it as favoring one or the other. Also you can sign your talk page comments with ~~~~ --Fyzixfighter (talk) 04:31, 1 July 2015 (CEST)