NOTE: I am also an Elder Scrolls fan, though not as much or as active a fan as I am for Star Control. If one existed, one might also mention that one has played the Starflight games, though it really doesn't matter — we're all going to die anyway.
I am fluent in Romanian, English and Orzese. I also speak some Spanish and Turkish.
Funniest/Most Interesting Ultronomicon Edits
- "There is also a theory involving cows. More specifically, Ortogs. In SC3, (I know, it isn't often recognized as a sequel) the Xchaggers, a minuture race are found on an Ortog. Now, how did he get all the way to the Kessari Quadrant? The Ultron, also in SC3, uses the term "Cud" at one point. Cud, of course, is chewed by cows, and, presumably, Ortogs. The Ultron IS a powerful Precursor device, but not as powerful as they claim. I, and my brother, believe that the Precursors did not disappear, leave, become invisible, get killed, eaten, etc, but instead removed their own sentience and became Ortogs. After all, were you not raised on Ortog milk? Makes sense to me."
- "In addition to the Yehat, five non-sentient Whackin' Bushes inhabit this world." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Gamma_Serpentis_I&diff=11267&oldid=11266)
- An example of redundancy by me: "The Galactic Core is, obviously, the center of the Milky Way galaxy" (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Galactic_Core&oldid=15257)
- "The Orz do not like the Arilou very much, and complain that the Arilou always "*jumping in front*". This may have something to do with the skill of an Arilou Skiff against an Orz Nemesis." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Orz&diff=14742&oldid=14663)
- "They are called them, they are really gay, so is sc2 its to hard! meh! n0035" (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=%22They%22&diff=13408&oldid=12784]
- "Had The Captain not had more pressing matters to attend to, we may have had more information on the character and his effects on the Spathi." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Jud_the_Ineffable_Vug&oldid=12515)
- "Some life forms (dark red, three-eyed creatures floating around, with a singular tentacle) could even eat minerals before you can pick them up." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Lander_Hints&diff=12565&oldid=12043)
- "A sentient, technologically primitive race whose favorite activity for the last 2000 years has been to kill each other because of religion and skin color. A bunch of freaks better left alone. To the VUX, they look Repulsive, the Spathi call them "Hunams", the Ilwrath love them because they are tortured so easily. Their homeworld is called "Earth", a planet best avoided." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Human&oldid=287)
- References bigger than the article: "The Trooba Fern is a plant used by the Utwig to make the masks of the Expression of Ultimate Gratitude, together with beetle secretions.
- "Since the Orz seem to indicate some kind of contact with the Taalo, it might be possible that the Orz are being used by them as a sort of testing device for the eventual return of the Taalo. This theory asserts that the "fingers" refers to the Taalo controlling the Orz in some way, and that the unusual speech patterns of the Orz is really signal degradation due to the difficulties of transmiting between different dimensions. This therefore puts to question whether the Orz are actual sentient beings or not (they refer to themselves as light reflections). The fact that both the the Taalo and the Orz originated in the Vulpeculae system is also cited by this theory. However, this theory does not seem completely consistent with Orz references to the Taalo nor with their apparent surprise at finding the Taalo "playground".
This theory also explains the reasoning behind the often suicidal marine unit included in the Orz Nemesis Space Craft."
- "Deep Childs live, alive or not, in the Moho." (last edit summary at http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Shattered_World&diff=16693&oldid=15974)
- About Humans: "Since this species is the one responsible for creating this encyclopedia, we presume the details of Human's physical nature, history and social organization are familiar to most of our readership. Those seeking more details can look to other Human knowledge bases, including this article from a Human general-knowledge repository: wikipedia:Human." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Human&diff=288&oldid=287)
- "**In "Splort Wort, "splort" is a slang word too rude to be explained here. Suffice to say that it really fits the way Splort Worts throw that liquid. "Wort" is old English for "herb"." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Influences_and_References&diff=18101&oldid=18099)
- "And don't be fooled by the comm-screen picture of the many Androsynth controlling the ship. It's a simple comm-screen-saver deftly engineered to hide the true Androsynths captain's orders."
- The Guardian as a Symbol
Below is an excerpt from P. N. Hawthorne's The Rise and Fall of the Synthetic Empire, published in 2198:
When the Androsynth blasted forth into the heavens, humanity found itself in a state of shock. How? many asked dumbly. How could they desert the hand that shaped their face? Few had understood why the wretched 'Synths would have taken such drastic action after the years of abuse from their less-than-benevolent "Creators." Off they went into the sky, off into a land where they could control their own destiny, and out of the hands of every human man, woman, and child... supposedly never to be seen again. It was too late for the human race to repent for its sins; the Androsynth were gone. And when their grief finally overwhelmed them, there would be no absolution. Mankind was not able to ask forgiveness because they was no one left to ask forgiveness of.
And when war came hurtling across the bounds of space and runneth over into Earth's threshold, and when humans were forced to face an unstoppable opponent, lo! it was an Androsynth face facing back. Their eyes shone. Their teeth glistened. They wanted pain! They wanted revenge! And they wanted blood... Their hatred fueled their return, and their cunning bolstered their resolve.
With Androsynth warships whipping in and out and out and in across the Terran skies, appearing as quick as morning dew and disappearing into the vast darkness beyond, it was too similar to the same manner in which they had left years before! The Guardian became a symbol of true Androsynth independence: the tool with which to defeat their creators! An angelic spear of cometous fury! A Human killer! And we were lost... broken by our own creations... our own tools... our own clay...
And in the end when the Androsynth disappeared from TrueSpace altogether, did they blast off into a new realm not only beyond the Earth and beyond the Sun but also beyond all the known Universe -- like a Guardian blazing a new path into the night sky? Or did they overexert themselves into a inescapable pit of indescribable vengeance, whose hatred outmatched their own -- like a Guardian blazed out of fuel directly next to a vengeful Scout? Or could it be that they have finally transcended and achieved the godliness that we failed at administering?
I have wondered this for decades, but in vain. Time will never tell, for the book on the Androsynth has been closed to the human race once again. And forevermore.
Long live the Androsynth! Long live the keepers of the Guardian! (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Guardian&diff=1924&oldid=1105)
- "However, in Blazer form, the "wow!" factor soars higher in the sky than an Ur-Quan-imposed slave starbase. Speed? Faster than God! Turning? On the edge of a dime! Acceleration to full speed? Slightly quicker than the infamous nanosecond Syreen handjob! The only problem is that its "wow!" leaves as quickly as it comes. Then you're back to being your normal, puny, limping blue pod self. No puns intended." (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Guardian&diff=1924&oldid=1105)
- "This puppy gets so fast it can rip an Earthling Cruiser into shreds in seconds! Get it wedged into an Orz Nemesis and watch the fireworks ensue! Even Spathi captains try to wedge themselves deeper into their nooks when the big, bad Blazer comes a-knockin'. And they were on the same team!" (http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/script/index.php?title=Guardian&diff=1924&oldid=1105)
- A spam page, YYasdsdsd (saved here), which seems to have a heartbreaking story about marriage or something. Not something you'd expect to find on a Star Control wiki. (WARNING: In Chinese. Translate.google.com has given a barely understandable result, let me know if you have a better translation or if you recognize it as part of a larger work)
Brain functionality goodies
- Although I like to think of myself as Chaotic Good, according to this test, I am actually True Neutral. What a pity. [Shamelessly ripped and paraphrased from Phoenix's page]
- I am an IP with no visible tendency towards Thinking rather than Feeling or vice-verse, or towards Sensing rather than Intuition or vice-versa (though maybe somewhat more Sensing than Intuition). [Shamelessly ripped and paraphrased from Fyzixfighter's page]
- I am a O90-C25-E5-A74-N11 Big Five.
- My general IQ is 142.