Observation: Ultronomicon lacking in information coralating to Star Control I and Star Control III. Directive: Insert articles pertaining to aformentioned games.
While I appreciate your enthousiasm, this wiki is not about Star Control 3. Because most people consider SC3 vastly inferior, and SC3 is not created by the creators of SC2 (who may one day make a true sequel to SC2), it is not considered Canon, and hence beyond the scope of the Ultronomicon. Star Control I material is acceptable however. — SvdB 17:54, 10 February 2007 (CET)
Do I get to keep my aritcles? Daktaklakpak 00:29, 11 February 2007 (CET)
Yes. The pages have been deleted, but deleted pages can still be retrieved.
- Go to the deletion log, you can see a list of the most recent deletions. Your SC3 articles are listed there.
- Click on the name of one of those articles, and you get to a page that says "You've followed a link to a page that doesn't exist yet.".
- Click on "view or restore deleted edits" to see the page history.
- Click on the most recent entry of the page history, and you get to the article as it was before it was deleted.
You can then make a copy for yourself. Note that Wikipedia does list some information on SC3 races. Maybe the work you did can be put to use there. — SvdB 01:31, 11 February 2007 (CET)
Call me an idiot, but I don't see a "veiw or restore deleted edits" button anywhere!Daktaklakpak 02:14, 11 February 2007 (CET)
- Hmm... apparently that is an admin-only command. I've undeleted all the pages and moved them to under your user pages. So "Clairconctlar" is moved to User:Daktaklakpak/Clairconctlar, etc.
- Please let me know when they can be deleted again.
- — SvdB 04:16, 11 February 2007 (CET)
File:Icom2.png The following information comes from a game who's canonocity is disputed.
I have added this tag to all the pages I made concerning SC3. Can you put them back in the public domain now? There are some slight problems with the tag, but I think you could figure it out, and then all I'd need to do is copy and paste. Daktaklakpak 05:20, 11 February 2007 (CET)
The tag in question appears to have moved to the bottom... Daktaklakpak 05:22, 11 February 2007 (CET)
- Public domain is a phrase with a very specific meaning, which I doubt you intended. I think you meant "main namespace" or something like that.
- As for putting SC3 content in the Ultronomicon, it just does not work. The SC2 races have a story in SC3 too, and you can't isolate that in separate pages. You'd end up polluting those pages with information which most readers prefer to pretend never happened. And if a TFB-created sequel to SC2 ever happens (which is a real possibility, see this page), you'd also have to keep two separate timelines.
- So you'd end up reducing the quality of the SC2 pages, while adding material only few people care about, which is why we decided early on that SC3 content has no place in the Ultronomicon.
- — SvdB 16:28, 11 February 2007 (CET)
About my tag thing...If the tag can be placed in the middle of a page, can information regarding that race from SC3 be inserted under it?
- No, for the reasons I mentioned above. Please stop wasting your time on SC3 articles. They will be deleted. If you are this much of an SC3 fan, maybe you should start your own wiki. SC3 belongs in the Ultronomicon no more than Zelda does. — SvdB 19:13, 11 February 2007 (CET)
How does one start one's own wiki? I will parasite off of this one, but I will give credit. Daktaklakpak 21:18, 11 February 2007 (CET)
- You choose your wiki software (this one is using MediaWiki, and then just follow the installation instructions. You need a place to host your site ofcourse.
- Note that to "parasite off" this site, you'd have to use a compatible license. (See the link on the bottom of any Ultronomicon page).
- — SvdB 02:19, 12 February 2007 (CET)
How do you get space to start a wiki?
- If you are permanently connected to the internet, and have got the bandwidth to burn, you could host it on your own computer. In the case of the Ultronomicon, it is run off a computer of the local computer society of my university. And many people will have no choice but to pay for hosting. See wikipedia:Web hosting service.
- Note that these questions have nothing to do with the Ultronomicon, so they don't belong here. And I have no time to walk you through all this anyhow. Use Google, ask in forums; if you're not able to find the information you need, you shouldn't even be thinking about setting up a wiki. — SvdB 03:22, 13 February 2007 (CET)
I created a tag for sc3 articles. I attempted to add inforemation within guidlines.
Juffo-wup. You seek the Non. You Void the Non or adapt it so it is no longer Non.
I pity you. All you will accept is Juffo-wup.
I remove my translator. Daktaklakpak divided by Nth power 5543 squared avowel. -A distraught Daktaklakpak 00:05, 14 February 2007 (CET)
- Yes, it is clear that your philosophy differs from the Ultronomicon's. Please let me know when you've copied the articles you want to keep, so they can be removed here. SvdB 02:15, 14 February 2007 (CET) &mdash.
Greetings sentiant. This unit is pleased to report all systems are normal. I offer to clean your ship of damage caused by atoms floating against your hull. -A now correctly functioning Daktaklakpak 20:01, 14 February 2007 (CET)