is there an Editors' Page to discuss changes publicly? if not, can we make one? -SamYeager 10:05, 28 Sep 2004 (CEST)
- Go right ahead. I suggest you name it as it is named in the Wikipedia. It might be a good idea to link it from the main page too. Or perhaps from "Community portal". -- SvdB
should we make links to go upwards through menus of items (ie. make a link to "List of Races" from the "Humans" page)? it would make editing many pages easier since we no longer have to backtrack through several pages of blanked-out previews to get to the category we were at. -SamYeager 10:05, 28 Sep 2004 (CEST)
- I think the "Categories" concept suffices for this. Put for instance [[Category:Races]] on the bottom of a page to place it in a category. See Special:Categories for all categories so far.
- Also, you can select "What links here" in the toolbox on the left.
for the WantedPages, do we view pages that have just 1 link to them? it'd be a good way to find misspelled or misdirected links.
- I didn't write the wiki software. It's not a high priority for me to find out where in the code this is handled, and change it.
Is there a more effective way to protect the wiki from spammers and vandals other than just ip-banning them and reverting their changes? -Fadookie 11:00, 23 Oct 2004 (CEST)
- That's how it is still done on the Wikipedia. Another possibility is to require contributors to make an account, with email verification. You could protect against spam bots by asking them to copy a number from an image when they contribute (but MediaWiki can't do that yet).
- Something else we could do is lock specific pages (like the main page), but I don't want to do that until that page has reached a more permanent form. Against non-bots you could put up some idle threat on the home page like "the last person who vandalised a page on this site got his computer hacked and cleared." :) -- SvdB 11:14, 23 Oct 2004 (CEST)
I'd like to merge Corridor 9 and Corridor Nine. I'd like the new article to reside at Corridor Nine (which I think is the better title), but I'd like to keep Corridor 9's editing history (because is the better article of the two). So, what do I do? I can't move Corridor 9 because Corridor Nine isn't empty and I don't want to simply copy & paste the content from Corridor 9 either, because then I'd be taking false credit in that article's editing history. Sorry, if this is inappropriate here, but you were the only Admin with a non-empty Talk page, so I thought I'd ask you. -- Anym 00:11, 5 Apr 2005 (CEST)