A work in progress
I am sorry for interrupting: but i have found a pseudo cheat: if you are using your flagship in a battle, hold "esc" to warp out immediatly. if the enemy attacks, you will be instantly destroyed, but if you are destroyed, you will still be alive. THX. (webmaster:please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org) This page is a work in progress. And although I wish that I were the only one to make it, if someone does edit this page, it would be appreciated if they use the following techniques:
Welcome to the Ur-Quan Masters walkthrough guide. This page details every step you need to complete in order to win the game so if you get lost, you can find out what you need to do next right here. If anything is missing, or not yet complete, it is because this page is still being worked on.
NOTE: Save your game on a regular basis. Usually saving before leaving constellations, after acquiring alien artifacts, or completing quests are the preferable place to save, as sometimes things go wrong, and if you save too often, you wont be able to go back and correct a mistake you have made.
Starting the game
When you first start the game, you will be at the south edge of the constellation known as Sol (175.2 : 145.0). This is our solar system and consists of our 9 neighboring planets and their moons.
- The first thing you will want to do is head to Earth, the third planet from the sun. When you arrive, a drone will fly out and converse with you. The alien you meet on screen are the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za and are your enemies. However, this is only a recording and the drone will let you go this first time, but any encounters with them, or a related race known as the Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah, in the future will likely result in an attack on your starship, a Precursor vehicle known as the Vindicator at the start of the game.
- When you finish conversing with the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za drone, make your way to the Starbase and talk to Commander Hayes. He will explain what happened to Earth and what he needs in order to get the Starbase back online.
- When you finish talking to Commander Hayes, and you know what minerals you have to get to repair the base, make you way to Mercury.
Warning! Mercury is a very hot planet. While it is possible to dodge the heat coming from the surface of the planet, a first timer would be best off landing near the minerals, collecting and quickly flying back to the starship to re-crew. If your landing shuttle explodes, you must go back to the Starbase and acquire another one from Commander Hayes, which, with such a slow ship, is a very long and annoying process.
Hint: Radioactive materials can also be found on the moons of Jupiter, which are less dangerous than Mercury.
NOTE: This walkthrough guide does not include how to gather minerals from the planets surface. However, you can visit such pages as Lander Hints for help on this subject.
HINT: Although your ship is really slow at first, as you acquire more RU (Resource Units) and better technology from Melnorme, you will be able to make it faster, better at turning, and a lot stronger.
- After getting some radioactivity material, head back to the Starbase and give them to Commander Hayes. When he fixes the Starbase, introduce yourself. When he tells you about the alien base on the moon, go visit it and don't worry about the robots moving on the moons surface. They are harmless. When you finish reading the report, go back to the Starbase.
- When you get back, and converse with Commander Hayes, an Ilwrath Avenger arrives and jams the transmission. This is where you will get your first fighting practice. When you finish fighting, the transmission from the Starbase will resume. When you choose the name of the new empire you are going to rule over, the Starbase will be remade so it can service your Precursor vehicle.
NOTE: Along with minerals, this walkthrough guide does not include techniques/tips for fighting enemies. However, you can visit Fighting Hints for help.
- At first, you won’t have much RU to spend on ship upgrades, fuel, or new cruisers but as you gather more minerals and offload them at the Starbase your RU will increase allowing you to buy new things. When you have your ship the way you want, head towards Pluto. Scan for Energy, land near the source, and touch it. Most of your landing crew will be killed and your landing shuttle will return to your ship if it is not destroyed, but you will be able to meet Fwiffo, a member of the cowardly Spathi race willing to join your alliance later on.
- Talk to him about everything but make sure you don't choose the options to attack him. Make sure you also jot down the co-ordinates of his home world, Spathiwa where you will travel to soon. Eventually he agrees to come aboard your fleet and you will then have just acquired yourself a Spathi Eluder. Make sure to supply it with crew, otherwise it will explode with the first hit it takes!
Some alien races are very friendly. So friendly in fact, that they give you a couple of their ships or even the ship designs. This proves handy for defending yourself. Some even have devices with them, or on one of their planets that you need to complete the game. The quicker you make allies, the safer you'll be. Below are 4 alien races that can become your allies.
The Spathi are one of the first race you can encounter, and are one of the few races that will agree to join Earth on the quest to destroy the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za and Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah so it’s best you become their allies as soon as you can.
- Because the Spathi are cowards, you will find them hiding on the moon of their home planet of Spathiwa, also known as Epsilon Gruis Ia, because their planet is overrun by 'Evil Ones'.
Make your way to that moon. If you are met by Spathi ships before reaching it, converse with them and try to talk your way out of a fight.
- When you enter the moon, go to the Spathi High Council by conversing with them, and give them the secret cipher 'Huffi-Muffi-Guffi' that Fwiffo gave you on the planet of Pluto. Talk to them and get them to agree to an alliance if you rid their home world of the 'Evil Ones'.
- Make your way down to their home planet and land on the surface using your landing shuttle. Get rid of all of the 'Evil Ones'. You can also collect the minerals if you want, but it is not compulsory. Once all bio life forms are removed, go back to the moon and tell them that you have completed their task. They will then ask you to come back later.
- Go straight back to the moon, and ask about an alliance. Keep demanding and even threaten to bring the 'Evil Ones' out of suspended animation. Eventually they agree to an alliance and you can make your way back home.
- Later on in the game, the Spathi territory region disappears from your Starmap because they (the Spathi) slave shield their planet to protect themselves from enemies. When this happens, go back to Epsilon Gruis Ia, scan for energy and go to the source. Here you will acquire the Umgah HyperWave Broadcaster which the Spathi give to you as a gift. This device will be used later on in the game, plus it can be used in Hyperspace to call the Melnorme trader.
The Pkunk are a friendly race who are willing to assist your cause without persuasion. Their ships, The Fury, have regenerating capabilities and speed that make fighting enemies a lot easier. They also possess the Clear Spindle, a device needed later on in the game.
- Make sure you have 4 empty spaces in your fleet. When the Pkunk become your allies they will donate 4 ships to you and you must have room to receive them.
HINT: To get rid of some ships in your fleet, either scrap them at the Starbase by removing the crew from them (and getting your RU back), or match them against a superior opponent in a fight (you will lose the RU you spent on them this way).
- Travel to Gamma Krueger I (052.2 : 052.5) and converse with them. The Pkunk are a friendly race, and so as long as do not to attack them or insult them, they are willing to help you almost immediately. You will also get the 4 ships as described above and the Clear Spindle. Warning. Although you get 4 Pkunk ships, you do not get their plans for making more at your Starbase, so make them last as long as you can.
The Orz willingly join your alliance if you talk to them nicely. Their homeworld is located at Gamma Vulpeculae I (371.3 : 253.7).
HINT: Don't bug them about the Androsynth too much.
The Shofixti are very useful allies. Once they join your alliance, the crew cost goes down by 2 credits each, and will no longer be affected by how many crew you recruit. Bringing back the Shofixti will also allow you to cause a revolt among the Yehat.
RECOMMENDED: Renew the Shofixti race BEFORE the crew cost increases due to 1000 crew being lost. If the Shofixti ally with you before you lose 1000 crew, the cost will forever be 1 RU per crewman. If the RU cost has increased due to crew loss, allying with the Shofixti will permanently set it to 3 RUs.
The Shofixti were nearly wiped when they detonated of the outer layers of their sun to attack the Ur-Quan, so recruiting them involves bringing them back from the edge of extinction. You will need to reunite the last remaining Shofixti warrior with the last remaining Shofixti Maidens.
- The VUX Admiral ZEX possesses the last remaining Shofixti maidens in a stasis pod. Admiral ZEX can be found at Alpha Cerenkov I (422.1 : 198.6). Admiral ZEX offers to trade the Shofixti maidens in exchange for the legendary monster known as "ZEX's Beauty".
- ZEX's Beauty can be found at Delta Lyncis I (570.4 : 979.5). It is a very dangerous creature, so be careful. It's highly recommended that you purchase the Lander Speed Upgrade from the Melnorme.
- After capturing ZEX's Beauty, return it to Admiral ZEX. He will leave the planet, allowing you to go down and collect the stasis pod containing the Shofixti maidens. You can also capture the other alien lifeforms for their biological data value to the Melnorme.
- Once the Shofixti maidens have been retrieved, go to the former location of the Shofixti homeworld, Delta Gorno (290.8 : 026.9). Orbiting one of the planets will be Tanaka, the last Shofixti warrior. Tanaka will mistake you for an Ur-Quan and attack. Run away from the battle! Tanaka will chase you, continuing to attack. Converse with him every time. Eventually, Tanaka will realize you are not an Ur-Quan. Once that happens, you can offer him the Shofixti maidens.
- It takes two month for the Shofixti to repopulate, then you can build Scout vessels. Take one of these to Yehat space (Gamma Serpentis I) and meet a Yehat captain. Show him the Shofixti to spark a civil war. The Rebel side will supply you with Terminator vessels.
HINT: When talking to Tanaka prior to recruiting him, insult him whenever possible.
HINT: If you accidentally (or on purpose) kill Tanaka, his brother Katana will appear in the system. Katana can also be used to repopulate the Shofixti species.
Allying with the Zoq-Fot-Pik gives you access to their ship design, the Stinger. Even though their ships are not as strong as some other ships you can get, they are better to have as allies, than enemies.
- You first meet the Zoq-Fot-Pik at Rigel (210.4 : 208.3). The lone Zoq-Fot-Pik scout tells you where the Zoq-Fot-Pik homeworld is.
- To recruit the Zoq-Fot-Piki, go to their homeworld at Alpha Tucanae I (400.0 : 543.7). The Zoq-Fot-Pik willingly join your alliance.
HINT: The Zoq-Fot-Pik homeworld is located in Ur-Quan controlled space. The Ur-Quan will chase you if you attempt to go to the Zo-Fot-Pik homeworld. make sure your ship is fast and/or strong before trying to journey to the Zoq-Fot-Pik homeworld.
These items are needed later on in the game. You must complete the quests in the order they are shown.
- Refer to the Pkunk ally quest.
- Purchased from the Druuge at the Zeta Persei star system. Cost: 100 crew or Mycon Deep Child fragments or the Burvix Caster or the Portal-Spawner.
(Note: if you purchase the Rosy Sphere and never sell crew to the Druuge again, you will not suffer an RU increase for slave-trading)
- Tell the Thraddash (Delta Draconis I) to attack the Ur-Quan's enemies, then go to Zeta Draconis while the fleet is gone.
- If you fail to obtain the Helix before the Thraddash return, take the Umgah Caster to the Ilwrath and command them to attack the Thraddash. The Thraddash will be too busy fighting the Ilwrath to stop you from taking the Helix.
Finally, the last piece. The Broken Ultron itself.
- Make contact with the Supox. If you are friendly, the Supox will give you the broken Ultron.
A Powerful Bomb
- Repair the Ultron, then bring it to the Utwig. The Utwig and Supox will attack the Kohr-Ah, and also tell you the location of the Utwig Bomb, suggesting that you get it.
- The Druuge will be at the planet when you arrive, and you will have to fight with them.
- Go to Delta Vulpeculae, in Orz space. The Shield is on a moon in this system. It is guarded by Orz, but they will allow you through if you are friendly.
This creature was discovered by the Arilou and restored by the Umgah, who also accidentally unlocked the mental powers that are totally suppressed in most Talking Pets.
- Bring the Taalo Shield to Beta Orionis. The Talking Pet will try to have you kill yourself, but the Taalo Shield will stop him. He then summons several Umgah to attack you. Fight off the Umgah Drones.
- Once the Drones are defeated, you can take the Talking Pet. The grateful Umgah will hail you as a hero... then immediately attack you, since heroes are boring. To make the attack interesting, they will graciously give you several Umgah Drones-take them and run!
Not required, but useful in several places. If you have the Umgah Caster, you don't need this.
- Go to Arcturus. The Caster is on a moon orbiting the first planet.
HINT: Once you get the Umgah Caster, a better use for this Caster surfaces: Load up the Flagship with empty High-Efficiency Fuel Tanks and go to Zeta Persei. The Druuge will fill your fuel tanks to the brim in exchange for the Burvix Caster. This fuel can be used or returned to the Starbase for huge amounts of RUs.
HINT: You cannot perform this free fuel trade if you have already done the mission to acquire the "Powerful Bomb" as the Druuge will be hostile to you from that point on.
HINT: Instead of the "Fuel-Trick" above, you can exchange the Burvix Caster for the Rosy Sphere, one of the replacement parts for the Ultron. This way, you can avoid paying the druuge with crew.
Mycon Sun Device
Required to complete the Chmrr Process and bring them out of the slave shield.
- Go to Betelgeuse and make contact with the Syreen.
- Go to a Shattered World and locate Egg Fragments.
- Go to the Mycon Homeworld at Epsilon Scorpii and ask about the Egg Fragments.
- Go to the Syreen Station at Betelgeuse. Speak with Talana and show her the fragments (you must have spoken with a Mycon about the fragments beforehand)
- Take the Syreen Shuttle Talana gives you to Epsilon Camelopalardis (deep in Ur-Quan space) and land on one of the moons. Find the Vault on the moon and have the engineers on the Shuttle open it up.
- Go to Talana. She will set a trap for the Mycon.
- Go to the Mycon Homeworld and tell them about Organum, suggesting that they implant it with a Deep Child.
- While the Mycon fleet is headed for Organum, you can steal the Sun Device from a planet on Beta Brahe.
Once released from the Slave Shield, the Chmrr will give you massive amounts of help.
- Take the Sun Device to Procyon and orbit the slave-shielded world. Use the Device.
The Chmrr will awaken and grant you the Avatar ship, as well as a list of things you will require.
- Go to the Supox Homeworld (Beta Librae) after the Supox and Utwig attack the Kohr-Ah and speak with them to gain the location of the Sa-Matra.
- Go to the Chmrr with the Talking Pet, the Utwig Bomb, and the location of the Sa-Matra.
The Chmrr will take two weeks to rig the Utwig Bomb to the Flagship. The Bomb will take up more than half the Flagship's module locations and all of the lander locations. The Chmrr will also provide you with unlimited resources (RU becomes infinite, allowing you to build as many ships as you want!)
Equip your ship, fly to the location of the Sa-Matra, use your talking pet to confuse the large ur-quan fleet, fight against the last ships guarding the Sa-Matra, then fight the Sa-Matra itself to get its shield down. Finally enter the Sa-Matra with your flagship, activate the bomb and get away with the escape-pod. Now watch the ending movie :-)
These tasks are optional. While helpful, they do not need to be completed in order to finish the game.
|Hyper Space Destination||Quasi Space Portal|
|Arcturus (921.0 x 610.4)||468.0 x 464.0|
|Arilou Entrance (043.8 x 637.2)||500.0 x 500.0|
|Arilou Space (036.8 x 633.2)||544.0 x 532.0|
|Delta Lyncis (565.7 x 971.2)||448.0 x 504.0|
|Druuge Space (973.5 x 315.3)||488.0 x 538.0|
|Heart of Ur-Quan (589.9 x 621.3)||520.0 x 540.0|
|Ilwrath Space (005.0 x 164.7)||492.0 x 492.0|
|Mycon Space (567.3 x 120.7)||516.0 x 466.0|
|Slylandro Vicinity (011.1 x 940.9)||520.0 x 514.0|
|Sol Vicinity (190.9 x 092.6)||506.0 x 474.0|
|Spathi Space (230.1 x 398.8)||466.0 x 514.0|
|Supox Space (775.2 x 890.6)||530.0 x 528.0|
|Unimportant (860.7 x 015.1)||458.0 x 492.0|
|Ur-Quan Space (611.6 x 413.1)||476.0 x 496.0|
|Ur-Quan/Thraddash (409.0 x 774.8)||476.0 x 458.0|
|Zoq-Fot-Pik Space (318.3 x 490.6)||502.0 x 460.0|
Go to the sylandro homeworld Beta Corvi IV at 033.3 : 981.2 and ask about the probes programming until you prove the probes are destroying ships. The Sylandro will give you a code to destroy any probe you meet. If you destroy the probes with the code you still get the RU.
The Melnorme Traders
Melnorme Traders appear at every super-giant star system in the game. Also, if your ship runs out of fuel and is dead in the water, a Trader will appear and offer to help. Finally, if you use either the Umgah or Burvix Caster, a Trader vessel is all but guaranteed to come looking for you.
039.5 : 745.8 Beat Pegasi I
468.1 : 091.6 Zeta Sexantis I
996.0 : 904.2 GroomBridge I
853.4 : 879.7 Gamma Aquarii I
283.6 : 785.7 Epsilon Draconis I
766.6 : 866.6 Beta Leporis I
543.7 : 827.0 Epsilon Lipi I
862.5 : 700.0 Alpha Andromedae I
741.6 : 508.3 Gamma Reticuli I
602.0 : 297.9 Gamma Kepler I
The Shofixti, VUX and Yehat
Repopulating the Shofixti will give you the design of the small Shofixti scout, and make the cost of crew cheaper.
Showing a Shofixti to the Yehat will start a revolution there.
- First, acquire one of the hypercasters:
- Go to the Ilwrath home system Alpha Tauri and use the Umgah Caster. They will believe you to be the twin gods Dogar and Kazon, allowing you to command them to stop attacking the Pkunk.
The Ilwrath will attack the Thraddash, and the battle will annihilate both the Ilwrath AND the Thraddash Fleets.