If "they" are the Orz, why are the Arilou worried about "them" finding human-kind? I mean, obviously the Orz have already been made aware of humans, and yet at no point do we return to the starbase to find everybody mysteriously eaten. I think the Arilou and Orz are natives of QuasiSpace, and "they" are at least one more dimension "up" the ladder.
First, Orz are not natives of QuasiSpace. The mention themselves that the Arilou ore from *above*, and the Orz are from *below*. I figure this to mean that their dimension is either in between HyperSpace and TrueSpace, or "below" TrueSpace.
Also, do the Arilou really use "smell" without asterisks? I thought they used it for *time*, *nngn*, and *smell*, kind of like the Orz do with almost everything.
- The Arilou use *time(s)* and *Nnngn*, but not *smell*. The relevant Arilou quote is:
- No. In a way, ignorance is your armor, your best protection. They cannot see you now. They cannot smell you. Much of our work with your people involved making you invisible... changing your smell. If I tell you more, you will look where you could never look before and while you are looking you can and will be seen. You do not want to be seen.
- You can actually find all the dialog files in the zipped uqm-content file, in the comm folder I believe. Or just look here for the old PC dialog. --Fyzixfighter 23:45, 14 March 2007 (CET)
2007 IRC quote
- 00:28 <+Valaggar> Who are the Keel-Verezy? (At least give us a hint)
- 00:28 <+waywardoctagon_> What are They like in their home dimension? What do They do there?
- 00:29 <+PR3> Keel-Verezy seem like some kind of horrible evil spirit that are invisible and can fly spaceships.
- 00:30 <+PR3> (furiously checking uqm.stack) But they are friendly... and evil. And invisible.
- I would doubt it. It seems like the PR3's 00:30 comment is a continuation of the 00:29 comment based on the "But..." conjuction. There is a slight way that the conjuction could be interpreted as the first half applying to the K-V and the second half to "They", but I think that's very tenuous - PR3 didn't capitalize "they". It could also be that PR3 didn't notice the fact that "They" was capitalized in the question and thought that waywardoctagon was referring to the K-V (as a continuation of the first question) and not "They", and so PR3 was only responding to a query about the K-V. Just my thoughts though. --Fyzixfighter 04:08, 6 December 2007 (CET)
- Yeah, you're probably right. Valaggar 14:36, 6 December 2007 (CET)
Reminds me of the H.P. Lovecraft story, 'From Beyond.' Czolgolz 18:06, 15 January 2008 (CET)